Interested in Building on BOMB Chain?
BOMB Chain Development Quick Reference Guide
About BOMB Chain
- BOMB Chain is the custom-built blockchain developed by the BOMB Money team whose native token, BOMB, is algorithmically pegged to Bitcoin – the first of its kind! A powerful delegated Proof of Stake consensus mechanism and 3 second blocks allow for a secure, ultra-fast and consistent network.
- BOMB Chain has created an ecosystem that allows nodes, token holders, developers, and users to all benefit from the blockchain.
- This article is a quick start guide for BOMB Chain developers aiming to provide developers with the tools needed to build and thrive on the blockchain.
Get Your BOMB Chain Wallet Ready
- In the world of blockchains, a digital wallet does not actually store any cryptocurrencies. Instead, it simply stores pairs of encryption keys that represent ownership of certain addresses.
- Each pair of keys stored in digital wallets consist of both a public key that is needed to initiate a transaction, and a matching private key that will encrypt and decrypt transaction. Therefore, owning the keypairs is the only way to prove full control of the cryptocurrencies at the address associated with the keypairs. During the development stage, randomized keypairs along with a piece of address information are created via our digital wallet with which we are able to send or receive cryptocurrencies to and from others. For this reason, you must obtain a digital wallet prior to development.
- We highly recommend using a Browser Plugin Wallet or a Wallet App to manage keypairs while developing on BOMB Chain.
Browser Plugin Wallet
- A Browser Plugin Wallet is the most popular choice for blockchain development. It’s easy to install, set up, and access the wallet directly in the browser. Furthermore, a majority of blockchain applications are web-based allowing a browser plugin wallet to intuitively access almost all DeFi (Decentralized Finance) and NFT apps.
- The most trusted and well-known browser plugin wallet is MetaMask,
- Alternatively, you can use what’s known as a wallet app. This is downloaded directly to your device and accessed from outside the browser. The most well-known and common wallet app is Trust Wallet.
BOMB Chain Block Explorer
- BOMB Chain offers block explorer apps for network and on-chain information inquiry, access:
- Developers often need tokens when developing on BOMB Chain Testnet to test contracts and create test transactions. BOMB Chain Testnet offers a Faucet service to acquire free Testnet tokens.
BOMB Chain Smart Contract Development
Key Tools in BOMB Chain Development
- Solc is a command-line compiler for Solidity. It compiles smart contract code written in Solidity into binary code in EVM and eventually deploys to act just like other smart contracts that you will find on-chain.
Creating A Smart Contract Project from Templates
- When looking at developing smart contracts, there is a high probability that something similar to what you are developing has already been created. Rather than building from scratch, there are many places online where you can use an open-source template to do most of the work for you in seconds. We recommend the following:
- Open Zeppelin: A smart contract repository with ERC-20 and ETC-721(NFT) tokens, based on Open Zeppelin.
- MetaCoin: A MetaCoin template based on Truffle.
Developing a complete dApp
- If your project is something completely new and you can't find a template to get you started, here are the steps that any successful dApp project will require:
- Integrate front-end SDK: An Ethereum-supported SDK like web3.js or ethers.js
- Configure SDK with BOMB Chain RPC interface: Connection info can be found at chainlist.org
- Integrate Browser Plugin SDK such as MetaMask
- Optional Integrate BOMB Chain Scan APIs to allow queries into on-chain data that is not supported by RPC interface (i.e., transaction history, token information, etc.)
In This Example
- The Application auto-detects Browser Plugin Wallets including MetaMask;
- This dApp auto-detects the current network and can change it for your wallet to BOMB Chain, BNB Chain, ETH, etc.;
- This dApp offers a swap button. Users can input desired tokens and networks and press the SWAP button and the dApp will invoke pop-up windows via the browser plugin where users can sign the transaction to complete it;
- This dApp allows easy adding of LP (liquidity pairs) for users’ tokens;
- This dApp provides methods to interact with contracts.